Non-Adhesive Dressing for Moderate to Highly Exuding Wounds
Allevyn Non-Adhesive: Hydrocellular Dressings For Controlled Exudate Management
Features & Benefits
- Unique trilaminate structure
- Non adherent wound contact layer
- Highly absorbent central hydrocellular layer
- Waterproof outer film layer
- Non adhesive
- Promotes early healing
- Easy to use
- Soft and cushioning
- In-vitro studies and clinical experience both demonstrate that Allevyn non-adherent dressings can stay in place for up to seven days. This capacity results from a combination of properties:
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
- The hydrocellular core of the dressing absorbs and retains liquid in its microscopic structure.
- The breathable outer surface of the dressing allows excess moisture to evaporate away from the dressing.
- The result is the formation of a wound environment, which allows healing to progress.
- Allevyn dressings have a polyurethane wound contact layer which prevents adherence to a full range of wound types.
Promotes early healing
- The outer, pink layer used on Allevyn dressings is a breathable film layer. This allows the formation and maintenance of a moist wound healing environment at the wound surface, preventing eschar formation. The pink film is also waterproof and assists in preventing bacterial strike through.
- Allevyn dressings are non-adhesive and are therefore recommended for wounds surrounded by sensitive skin, such as venous ulcers. The lack of adhesive allows the use of the most suitable retention method.
Easy to use
- Allevyn dressings are conformable and can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. As Allevyn dressings absorb exudate, they may swell slightly, but do not leave debris in the wound. Dressing changes are therefore easier for the nurse and less traumatic for the patient; wound irrigation can be kept to a minimum. The progression of exudate through the dressing is visible through the pink top film.
Soft and Cushioning
- Allevyn dressings are soft and cushioning, giving excellent patient comfort and protection.
Contraindications / Precautions
- Do not use Allevyn dressings with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (e.g. Eusol) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent hydrocellular component of the dressing.
- Reddening of the skin around the wound has been reported rarely following the use of Allevyn dressings. In some cases this relates to irritation of fragile skin, in others, wound exudate remaining in contact with normal skin for prolonged periods may be the cause.
- Infrequently, cases of sensitivity to the dressing have also been reported.
- If reddening or sensitisation occur, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
Orders within Australia – Regular Post
Orders will be delivered by Australia Post.
$8.95 for orders weighing less than 3kg
$13.00 for orders weighing more than 3kg
Delivery is FREE if your order is over $149 and weighing less than 3kg.
Extremely heavy parcels may incur additional postage costs. We will contact you prior to dispatch if this is applicable to your order.
Orders within Australia – Express Post
Express Post is available for orders under 500g at a cost of $11.95 and between 501g – 3kg for $19.95. If your order qualifies for Express Post, this will be offered at checkout.
Orders outside Australia
International orders will be dispatched via Airmail. Please allow up to 14 days for international Airmail delivery.
Shipping costs depend on the order weight and destination country. Once you have added the products you require to your shopping basket, select your country from the dropdown list and the shipping cost will be displayed.
We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you with organising a return authorisation. All returned merchandise must arrive back to us in their original, unopened and unused condition.
We accept credit cards and PayPal:
* American Express
For your peace of mind, credit card information does not pass through or stored on our servers. Once you pay for your order, your credit card details are encrypted and processed through the our PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway.