Bergamot Fact Sheet
Botanical Name - (Citrus aurantium, bergamia)
Part of plant used - Fruit peel
Bergamot has a gentle and uplifting aroma and is great for people who are suffering from anxiety or stress or just need a jovial lift. This plant was first grown in Northern Italy. Bergamot oil is light, floral and citrusy It is a top note and vaporizes quickly.
- to be uplifted
- to help with depression and anxiety
- good for stress related problems
- Relieves certain skin conditions such as - acne, boils, cold sores and eczema - direct application
- Oily skin - apply topically in a base cream
- Urinary tract infections - massage abdomen
- Refreshing during late pregnancy
- Do not take internally
- Do not use for prolonged periods
- This oil may increase skin photosensitivity - do not apply before going out into the sun as it may cause skin problems.
- If your cystitis (urinary tract infections) persists longer than 48 hours or you see blood in your urine you need immediate medical attention