Fennel Essential Oil
Botanical Name - (Foeniculum vulgare)
Part of plant used - Seed
Fennel is very close to a liquorice or aniseed aroma, the scent is fresh with a slight pepper overtone. It is a top to middle note. This oil has been used to help new mothers increase their milk supply if insufficient. It is entirely safe for this purpose.
- creates a sense of warmth and vitality
- Insufficient milk in new mothers - massage, compress
- Indigestion, flatulence, dyspepsia, constipation and colic - massage abdomen clockwise
- Relief from PMS (helps regulate cycle) - massage clockwise
- Cellulite - massage, bath
- Stress and mild anxiety - vaporizer
- Do not take internally.
- Do not use topically during pregnancy
- Not to be used on children under 6 years old
- Not to be used on or near epileptics