Lavender Essential Oil
Botanical Name - (Lavandula angustifolia)
Part of plant used - flowers and leaves
Lavender has many wonderful and health giving properties. It is a general healing oil which has an appealing elegant, floral aroma with woody undertones. This oil is a middle note. Lavender appeals to all sorts of people of different ages for emotional and physical healing.
- depression, hysteria
- freedom from worries and concerns
- increases concern for your own well being and health
- Relaxes when stressed, tense and mild anxiety - bath, massage, vaporizer
- Burns and sunburn - gentle light massage
- PMS - massage on abdomen in clockwise strokes
- Psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema - massage
- Hyperactivity and restlessness in children - bath, massage
- Insect bites and stings - topical undiluted
- Headaches - massage on temple, cheeks, neck and shoulders
- Insomnia - put one drop onto pillow, vaporizer, bath
- Do not take internally.