Skin Cleansing and Beauty Routine
In The Morning
You will need -
- Face Moisturiser
- Eye Moisturiser
- Cotton wool balls or pads
Select a cleanser that is suitable for your skin type. Remember just because skin care products are expensive, does not indicate that they are always more effective.
- Warm your cleanser between your hands and apply to your face and neck. Place your hands against your face and try not to scratch your face with sharp fingernails. Do not press too hard.
- Rinse thoroughly - ensuring all the cleanser is off. Some cleansers need to be wiped off. Do this gently.
- Put some toner or witch hazel onto a cotton wool ball or pad and wipe onto your cleansed skin.
- Once the toner has dried, apply eye cream around the eyes - making sure you avoid getting the cream in the eye itself.
- Apply your day moisturiser all over your face. Start at your chin and work your way upwards towards the forehead. If your skin is oily, try a product which is water based and oil free. It is always best to use a moisturiser which has a sun factor in it to protect against the harmful effects of the sun.
You will need -
- Eye make-up remover
- Night Moisturiser
- Eye Cream
- Remove your eye makeup carefully by soaking cotton balls in an eye makeup remover and gently stroking your eyelids from the inner corner to the outer. Stroke your eyelashes gently as well, removing all makeup. Hold the skin above the lid while you do this. Use a new cotton ball for each eye.
- After the eye makeup is removed, use a cleanser to remove your facial make up. Follow the same instructions for the morning cleansing routine.
- Tone as per morning routine.
- Use an eye moisturiser around the eye area. Be extra careful with this area as the tissue is very delicate.
- Apply a night time moisturiser on your face and neck areas with sweeping upward movements.
Special Times During The Week
It is important to use special treatments on particular skin types during the week.
- If your skin is oily, it is important to use a gentle exfoliant or scrub once per week to remove the dead skin cells and oily grime which may have built up. There are many available, so choose carefully.
- A mask may help some peoples skin look more refreshed and helps give skin a deeper cleanse.