Blackmores Flaxseed Oil 1000mg is a source of beneficial omega-3,6, and 9 fatty acids, in particular it is a rich source of omega-3 containing 60% alpha-linolenic acid.
In Western diets today, the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 is significantly lower than recommended.
The richest sources of omega-3 are fish and eggs, therefore vegetarians often are at risk of having low levels of omega-3 in their diet.
Features and benefits
A good balance of these healthy nutrients may:
* help to reduce inflammation
* contribute to a healthy heart and cardiovascular system
* be important for healthy skin and hair
A deficiency in essential fatty acids such as omega-3 can lead to dryness, scaliness and redness of the skin.
Blackmores Flaxseed Oil 1000mg is:
* Pure & organic (utilising organic flax)
* Vegetarian friendly (using vegetarian capsules)
* High percentage of omega-3s (60%)
* Cold- pressed
How it works
* Flaxseed is a vegetable source of omega-3 essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), the parent fatty acid of all omega-3 fatty acids such as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
* The essential fatty acids in flaxseed oil are part of the basic building block of cell membranes and a good source of energy.
* Flaxseed oil may contribute to the reduction of inflammation by providing a building block of anti-inflammatory biochemicals and by decreasing the inflammatory effects of excess omega-6 fatty acid linolenic acid (AL) so abundant in vegetable oils. ALA may also reduce platelet aggregation. All important for maintaining good heart health.
Adults - As a supplement for improved balance of essential fatty acids:
Take 1 to 2 capsules 3 times daily, or as professionally prescribed.
Adults - As an anti-inflammatory:
Take 2 to 4 capsules 3 times daily, or as professionally prescribed.
Children (from 6 years to 12 years) - Take 1 to 2 capsules daily (prick and squeeze into milk or juice), or as professionally prescribed.
Children (under 6 years) - Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindicated with allergy to Linaceae (the flax family of plants)
Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
None clinically significant noted in literature at the recommended dosage
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
Linseed oil (Flaxseed oil) 1g (1000mg)
(containing Linolenic acid 600mg)
None clinically significant noted in the literature at the recommended dosage
Opaque black, unprinted, oblong, soft vegetarian capsule.
Orders within Australia – Regular Post
Orders will be delivered by Australia Post.
$8.95 for orders weighing less than 3kg
$13.00 for orders weighing more than 3kg
Delivery is FREE if your order is over $149 and weighing less than 3kg.
Extremely heavy parcels may incur additional postage costs. We will contact you prior to dispatch if this is applicable to your order.
Orders within Australia – Express Post
Express Post is available for orders under 500g at a cost of $11.95 and between 501g – 3kg for $19.95. If your order qualifies for Express Post, this will be offered at checkout.
Orders outside Australia
International orders will be dispatched via Airmail. Please allow up to 14 days for international Airmail delivery.
Shipping costs depend on the order weight and destination country. Once you have added the products you require to your shopping basket, select your country from the dropdown list and the shipping cost will be displayed.
We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you with organising a return authorisation. All returned merchandise must arrive back to us in their original, unopened and unused condition.
We accept credit cards and PayPal:
* American Express
For your peace of mind, credit card information does not pass through or stored on our servers. Once you pay for your order, your credit card details are encrypted and processed through the our PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway.