Features and benefits
* Specifically formulated to release slowly over a sustained 8 hour period, ensuring that vitamin C is available when you body needs it. The sustained release system used by Blackmores is based on a unique plant gum matrix, using guar gum from the seeds of a legume.
* Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to boost its action in the body
* Low-acid formulation buffered with mineral ascorbates makes it gentle on the stomach
* Helps to reduce the severity and duration of colds
* Supports skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production
* As a potent antioxidant it helps to reduce the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals
* Promotes wound healing
* Helps to maintain capillary health
How it works
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual's need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to improve capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 4-12 years - We recommend Blackmores Bio C Chewable 500mg.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Contraindications and cautions
* Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
* Always read the label. Use only as directed
* If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Active ingredients per tablet
Ascorbic acid 280 mg
Calcium ascorbate 266 mg
(Total vitamin C 500 mg)
Citrus bioflavonoids extract 25 mg
Hesperidin 25 mg
Rosa canina (Rosehips) extract equiv. to dry fruit 250 mg
Rutin 50 mg
Orders within Australia – Regular Post
Orders will be delivered by Australia Post.
$8.95 for orders weighing less than 3kg
$13.00 for orders weighing more than 3kg
Delivery is FREE if your order is over $149 and weighing less than 3kg.
Extremely heavy parcels may incur additional postage costs. We will contact you prior to dispatch if this is applicable to your order.
Orders within Australia – Express Post
Express Post is available for orders under 500g at a cost of $11.95 and between 501g – 3kg for $19.95. If your order qualifies for Express Post, this will be offered at checkout.
Orders outside Australia
International orders will be dispatched via Airmail. Please allow up to 14 days for international Airmail delivery.
Shipping costs depend on the order weight and destination country. Once you have added the products you require to your shopping basket, select your country from the dropdown list and the shipping cost will be displayed.
We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you with organising a return authorisation. All returned merchandise must arrive back to us in their original, unopened and unused condition.
We accept credit cards and PayPal:
* American Express
For your peace of mind, credit card information does not pass through or stored on our servers. Once you pay for your order, your credit card details are encrypted and processed through the our PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway.