Nitrovol Primal Protein Bar
Multi-layer bar | 12 x 80g high protein bars | recovery carbs | made with the highest quality whey, milk & plant proteins | eat clean | no artificial sweetener | no added sugar | gluten free | flavours chunky peanut butter fudge
Scientifically formulated to help:
- Build Muscle - with training this product is designed to help you build muscle
- Improve Endurance
- Improve Recovery
- Increase Energy
- Caseine Protein ingredient
- Stevia ingredient
- Whey Protein ingredient
- WPI ingredient
- Amino Acid
- Protein Snack
Directions for Use
- Add an protein drink to each meal main meal.
- Consume other shakes with full cream milk, peanut butter and ice cream.
- Eat 6 protein carb rich meals per day.
- Nitrovol Primal Protein Bar is a High Protein & Carbohydrate snack.
Product contains soy and milk.
Made on a production line that also produces products containing seeds, seasame, peanuts and treenuts.
Excess consumption of this food may have a laxative effect.
At Body Science we believe pain should be reserved for your workouts, not for tasting Protein Bars. So we’ve upped the game when it comes to protein bars with our all new 3 layer NITROVOL BAR This bar has undergone over 2 years of extensive reached and was developed with one goal in mind – provide the best tasting high protein bar on the market. And by all reports, mission accomplished!
In today's hectic world it can be tricky enough planning 3 healthy meals a day, let alone organising nutritious snacks as well. Body Science’s NITROVOL BAR provides a massive 27g of specialised muscle building protein, has low net carbs, is high in fibre and contains added Creatine, L-Glutamine, Arginine and BCAA’s, all wrapped in 3 layers of deliciousness. They are a convenient, tasty, nutritious snack that you can eat on the run to crush your cravings in between meals or take after workouts to keep your muscle building in overdrive and aid recovery.
Frequent ingestion of high quality protein sources throughout the day is important if you want to maximise lean muscle mass. Protein synthesis is a continuous activity that requires a balanced supply of amino acids (3). Consuming high quality protein sources throughout the day helps maintain blood amino acid concentrations and helps increase protein synthesis (3). This is of obvious benefit to those wanting to maximise their lean muscle mass, and is also useful for those looking to get in shape.
NITROVOL BAR contains a blend of quality ingredients that offer many benefits:
Protein Matrix: Proteins can be broadly classified as either fast or slow depending on how quickly they are absorbed (1). Prior to and immediately following exercise it may be beneficial to ingest protein sources that are rapidly absorbed and provide the muscle with amino acids to stimulate protein synthesis. However, a slow protein source may be beneficial to ensure the maintenance of blood amino acids in the hours after exercise and promote an anti-catabolic environment. NITROVOL BARs contains a protein blend designed to achieve both these objectives. The whey protein in NITROVOL BARs can be considered a fast protein source that is rapidly absorbed (2), while the casein derived from whole milk proteins can be considered a slow protein (1).
Creatine: Creatine helps supply energy to all cells in the body, but its primary function is to supply energy to muscles. Studies have demonstrated that taking Creatine orally can increase phosphocreatine levels within the muscle fibres. By increasing the levels of available phosphocreatine in the muscle, you can increase the levels of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), an important energy source. This allows skeletal muscle to maintain a high level of explosive power during short duration high intensity exercise (4). Not only were phosphocreatine levels increased, but lactic acid levels were also reduced. Creatine supplements are commonly used by athletes, bodybuilders, sprinters and others who wish to gain muscle mass.
Glutamine: Glutamine is an amino acid found in high levels in the body, mainly in skeletal muscle (5). Glutamine is commonly used to as an ergogenic aid for exercise performance enhancement. It is used to improve muscle function, decrease fatigue and improve recovery in athletes participating in strenuous activity (6).
BCAA: The essential branch chain amino acids (BCAA’s) leucine, isoleucine, and valine make up one third of muscle protein in the body. BCAA’s help prevent muscle protein breakdown during exercise (7, 8) and provide nutritional support for muscle building and muscle recovery (9, 10).
So whether you’re looking to maximise muscle mass and recovery, get in shape or ensure a regular supply of quality protein throughout the day, NITROVOL BARS are a great inclusion in your diet. They provide an advanced muscle growth and recovery formula packed with proteins, Creatine and Aminos in an amazing tasting gourmet bar. With three delicious layers, it’s hard to believe they are actually providing high protein, high fibre and low carbohydrate nutrition. Plus they contain no added sugar and are free from artificial colours, flavours and sweeteners. They can be taken any time of the day – as a tasty in-between meal snack to satisfy those cravings and maintain adequate protein intake, or as a convenient post-workout protein hit to aid recovery and keep your muscle building in overdrive.
Get the protein and muscle building nutrition your body needs with Body Science NITROVOL BARS. Recommended intake is 1 x 80g serve per day.
(1) Boirie, Y., Dangin, M., Gachon, P., Vasson, M.P., Maubois, J.L. and Beaufrere, B. Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 94:14930-14935, 1997.
(2) Ha, E. Zemel, M.B. Functional properties of whey, whey components, and essential amino acids: mechanisms underlying health benefits for active people. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 14:251-258, 2003
(3) Houston, M.E. Gaining weight: the scientific basis of increasing skeletal muscle mass. Canadian journal of applied physiology. 24:305-316, 1999
(4) BALSOM, P. D., SÖDERLUND, K., SJÖDIN, B. and EKBLOM, B., Skeletal muscle metabolism during short duration high-intensity exercise: influence of creatine supplementation. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica, 154: 303–310, 1995
(5) Miller AL. Therapeutic considerations of L-glutamine: a review of the literature. Alternative Medicine Review. 4:239-48, 1999.
(6) Ohtani, M., Sugita, M., and Maruyama, K. Amino acid mixture improves training efficiency in athletes. J Nutr. 2006;136(2):538S-543S
(7) Miro A, Leucine supplementation and intensive training; Sports Med 1999 Jun (6): 347-356
(8) Bland JS et al; Proteins and amino acids; Clinical nutrition: A functional approach; Institute for functional medicine, WA; pp 49-50; 1999
(9) Sugita M, Ohtani M, Ishii N, Maruyama K, Kobayashi K. Effect of a selected amino acid mixture on the recovery from muscle fatigue during and after eccentric contraction exercise training. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2003 Feb;67(2):372-5.
(10) Coombes JS, McNaughton LR. Effects of branched-chain amino acid supplementation on serum creatine kinase and lactate dehydrogenase after prolonged exercise. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2000 Sep; 40(03): 240-6.
(4) Kreider, R.B. Which protein is best for sports performance? Available online at: http://www.ffnmag.com/ASP/home.asp
(5) Mosoni L. Mirand PP. Type and timing of protein feeding to optimize anabolism. [Review] [41 refs] [Journal Article. Review. Review, Tutorial] Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care. 6(3):301-6, 2003 May.
(8) Rerat AA. Nutritional supply of proteins and absorption of their hydrolysis products: consequences on metabolism. [Review] [41 refs] [Journal Article. Review. Review, Tutorial] Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 52(2):335-44, 1993
(9) Tipton, K.D., Rasmussen, B.B., Miller, S.L., Wolf, S.E., Owens-Stoval,l S.K., Petrini, B.E. and Wolfe, R.R. Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise. American Journal of Physiology - Endocrinology & Metabolism. 281:E197-E206, 2001
(10) Candow DG et al; 2006; Effect of whey and soy protein supplementation combined with resistance training in young adults; Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab; Vol 16(3): pp. 233-44
(11) Wolfe R; 2000; Protein Supplements and Exercise; Am J Clin Nutr August Vol. 72 no. 2: pp. 551s-557s
(12) Nissen SL, Sharp RL; 2003; Effect of dietary supplements on lean mass and strength gains with resistance exercise: a meta-analysis; Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol. 94 no. 2; pp. 651-659
Orders within Australia – Regular Post
Orders will be delivered by Australia Post.
$8.95 for orders weighing less than 3kg
$13.00 for orders weighing more than 3kg
Delivery is FREE if your order is over $149 and weighing less than 3kg.
Extremely heavy parcels may incur additional postage costs. We will contact you prior to dispatch if this is applicable to your order.
Orders within Australia – Express Post
Express Post is available for orders under 500g at a cost of $11.95 and between 501g – 3kg for $19.95. If your order qualifies for Express Post, this will be offered at checkout.
Orders outside Australia
International orders will be dispatched via Airmail. Please allow up to 14 days for international Airmail delivery.
Shipping costs depend on the order weight and destination country. Once you have added the products you require to your shopping basket, select your country from the dropdown list and the shipping cost will be displayed.
We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you with organising a return authorisation. All returned merchandise must arrive back to us in their original, unopened and unused condition.
We accept credit cards and PayPal:
* American Express
For your peace of mind, credit card information does not pass through or stored on our servers. Once you pay for your order, your credit card details are encrypted and processed through the our PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway.