- Can be used by 2 people – double the value
- 2 cuff sizes included
- Averages blood pressure (BP) readings over 7 days
- Auto-stores 50 readings per user (100 total)
- Ultra comfortable, with new ‘inflation’ technology
- “Traffic light” indicator to help understand readings
- Meets international precision standards
- Easy to set up, read and use
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Braun is a globally recognised and trusted name, providing health solutions with unparalleled excellence in design and technology for more than 90 years
- Dual user compatibility: The Braun ExactFit™ 3 is capable of holding diagnostics for two people, making it perfect for couples or families. It includes 2 cuffs – one small/medium and one large/x-large, so even if there’s only one user, they can choose the best possible fit for more accurate results.
- Advanced diagnostics: the monitor is capable of ‘averaging’ readings over 7 days, which takes into account fluctuations in daily BP, allowing a more complete diagnostic picture
- Large memory: The memory function is capable of holding 100 readings (50 per user)
- Comfort Plus: new technology means the Braun ExactFit™ 3 is more comfortable to use. How? Normally, BP readings are taken as the cuff deflates, needing maximum inflation before the reading happens. Braun’s readings are taken during inflation, requiring less air in the cuff and reducing pressure and discomfort in the arm.
- Easy-read WHO indicator: No need for prior knowledge to interpret your blood pressure figures… the Braun unit features a clever ‘traffic light’ system which instantly indicates if your reading is normal (green), slightly elevated (yellow), high (orange) or very high (red), based on World Health Organisation (WHO) healthy blood pressure guidelines.
- Clinically proven accurate: the Braun ExactFit™ 3 meets the precision standards set by the European Hypertension Society (ESH), an internationally recognised accreditation.
- Easy to read and operate: Large buttons and an easily-read, orange backlit screen makes Braun simple to use, particularly for those with poor eyesight.
- 3 year warranty: Braun BP monitors come with a full 3 year warranty (longer than industry average of 2 years).
What is high blood pressure?
Blood pressure is the amount of force exerted on the arteries by the blood flowing through them to the heart. High blood pressure (or hypertension) means the blood is pumping with more force than is normal.
This puts pressure on the heart and can speed up the clogging of the arteries with fatty plaques, contributing to the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Blood pressure is naturally higher when you are exerting yourself, such as during physical exercise. It is only a concern if your blood pressure is high when at rest, because it means the heart is being overworked and the arteries put under stress.
How is blood pressure measured?
Blood pressure readings are a combination of two measurements. These are:
- Systolic – the highest pressure against the arteries as the heart pumps. The ‘normal’ systolic pressure is between 110-130mmHg.
- Diastolic – the pressure against the arteries as the heart relaxes and fills with blood. The ‘normal’ diastolic pressure is usually between 70 and 80mmHg.
Why monitor blood pressure from home?
Most people with hypertension (high blood pressure) feel okay – it usually does not produce any symptoms, and yet can contribute to serious illnesses including heart disease, which is why it has been called the ‘silent killer’.
Most people should be having regular blood pressure (BP) check-ups over the age of 40 – however, frequent visits to the doctor can be inconvenient, time consuming or costly.
Home monitoring provides a way to measure your own BP in the privacy and comfort of home; it can even be more accurate than readings taken in a doctor’s office because of the ability to take averages of readings in more relaxed conditions and during different times of the day.
Home readings are a proactive way to be involved in your own health care; they can give vital, early warning signals of cardiovascular risks and provide valuable ongoing information to help your healthcare provider better manage your condition on a day-to-day basis.
DID YOU KNOW? Monitoring your BP at home is recommended by major health bodies including the Heart Foundation of Australia.
HOW TO USE
Please refer to manual for set up, memory retrieval and troubleshooting.
Handy tips for best results:
- Always take the readings at the same time of the day, ideally in the morning and evening, under the same conditions.
- Do not measure within 30 minutes of smoking or consuming coffee or tea.
- Take off wrist watch and jewellery.
- Sit in a chair with feet flat on the floor, with the monitor on a flat surface such as a table.Relax and keep as still as possible.
- Try not to bump the unit during measuring as this can also affect accuracy.
- Wrap the cuff snugly around the arm (bare arm preferably – no coats or jacket).The cuff should be at heart level.
- Either arm can be used to measure but use the same arm every time.
- Do not twist the cuff in any way.
- Do not inflate the cuff when it is not wrapped around the arm.
- Do not attempt to disassemble or change any parts of the monitor including the cuff.
- Do not drop the unit or subject it to strong impact.
- Do not use if there is an injury to the arm.
Choosing the right cuff
- The best fitting cuff will produce the most accurate results. Choose according to your arm circumference and make sure the bottom of the cuff is 2-3cm above your elbow.
- Small/medium: 22-32cm arm circumference
- Large/Xlarge: 32-42cm arm circumference.
Applying the cuff
- Slide the end of cuff furthest from the tube through the metal ring to a loop. The smooth cloth should be on the inside of the cuff.
- If the cuff is located correctly, the Velcro will be on the outside of the cuff and the metal ring will not touch the skin.
- Put your left arm through the cuff loop. The bottom of the cuff should be approximately 2-3 cm above elbow.
The tube should lie over the brachial artery (in the middle of your bicep) on the inside of the arm.
- Pull the cuff so that the top and bottom edges are tightened around your arm.
- When the cuff is positioned properly, press the Velcro firmly against the pile side of the cuff.
- Sit on a chair and place your arm on a table so that the cuff is at the same level as your heart.
- Make sure the unit is in ‘power on’ mode.
- Slide the user switch to user A or user B. The current user mode will flash on the LCD display.
Taking a measurement
- Wrap the cuff around the arm (see “applying the arm cuff” section).
- Sit upright on the chair to have a correct posture.
- Press and release start button. Date/time and current user will be displayed.
- Set user A/B switch to desired user. The LCD display will show user A or B symbol.
- Press and release the start button. All icons on display will be shown for 2 seconds. The device will adjust to zero automatically. The measuring blood pressure symbol will then flash on the display and the air pressure in the cuff will automatically start to increase. As the cuff pumps up the unit will start measurement.
- After the pulse is detected, the heart rate symbol will start flashing.
- LCD display will show the results and the WHO indicator arrow on completion of measurement and the cuff will deflate.
- After removing the cuff, press the start button to power off, or the unit will automatically shut down within 1 minute.
Storage and cleaning
- Always keep the unit in the carrying case after its use.
- Do not put the item directly under the sunlight, in high temperatures, humid or dusty places.
- Do not store in extremely low (less than -20°C) or high (more than 60°C) temperature.
- Use a clean damp cloth or very mild cleansing agent to clean the case and then use a piece of dry cloth to wipe it dry. Use a dry cloth to wipe the cuff when it is dirty.
- Do not use any strong cleansers to clean it.
- When the unit is out of use for a long time, remove the batteries (to prevent possible leakage/ harm to the unit).
Use only as directed. If hypertension is present, consult your doctor for advice and treatment.
Orders within Australia – Regular Post
Orders will be delivered by Australia Post.
$8.95 for orders weighing less than 3kg
$13.00 for orders weighing more than 3kg
Delivery is FREE if your order is over $149 and weighing less than 3kg.
Extremely heavy parcels may incur additional postage costs. We will contact you prior to dispatch if this is applicable to your order.
Orders within Australia – Express Post
Express Post is available for orders under 500g at a cost of $11.95 and between 501g – 3kg for $19.95. If your order qualifies for Express Post, this will be offered at checkout.
Orders outside Australia
International orders will be dispatched via Airmail. Please allow up to 14 days for international Airmail delivery.
Shipping costs depend on the order weight and destination country. Once you have added the products you require to your shopping basket, select your country from the dropdown list and the shipping cost will be displayed.
We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you with organising a return authorisation. All returned merchandise must arrive back to us in their original, unopened and unused condition.
We accept credit cards and PayPal:
* American Express
For your peace of mind, credit card information does not pass through or stored on our servers. Once you pay for your order, your credit card details are encrypted and processed through the our PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway.