Indications For Use:
* Traumatic wounds
* Pressure ulcers, venous ulcers and diabetic ulcers
* Surgical wounds
* Donor and recipient graft sites.
Ideal for the household First Aid kit for everyday cuts, scratches,
abrasions and lacerations.
Can be used throughout the healing process for both chronic and acute wound and skin conditions. Provides a moist wound environment essential for the healing of wounds and provides an antibacterial barrier against wound pathogens.
* Effective antibacterial barrier against a broad spectrum of bacteria including Golden Staph (Staphylococcus aureus)
* Provides a moist wound environment
* Rapidly removes wound odour
* Wound cleaning causes softening and assists in removal of slough and dead tissue
* Aids new tissue growth.
Directions For Use:
* Always wash hands prior to dressing the wound.
* Should be applied liberally to prevent wound fluid diluting the antibacterial effect.
* Apply Medihoney directly to a gauze dressing. When applying avoid direct contact between the wound and the nozzle of the tube. Place dressing onto the wound.
* For fragile skin and weeping wounds it is advisable to place a barrier cream (eg Medihoney Barrier Cream) around the wound edges.
* A second absorbent dressing may be required for wet wounds.
* The frequency of the dressing changes will depend on how much wound fluid is coming from the wound. Daily dressings are usual during the initial stages of wound healing, progressing to every third day.
* Medihoney Antibacterial Wound Gel is not recommended for use in deep wounds with narrow openings where removal of waxes may be difficult. Medihoney Antibacterial Honey Barrier (100% pure honey) should be used in these instances.
* Do not use on patients with a known hypersensitivity to bee products and bee pollen.
* Can be used on heavily colonized wounds under medical supervision.
* Wounds subject to arterial insufficiency or diabetic wounds should be managed under medical supervision.
'Last year I had an operation and unfortunately contracted Golden Staph (MRSA) post operatively in the surgical wound. My doctor suggested I initially try Medihoney Antibacterial Honey Barrier. We did not have to try any further treatment as Medihoney Antibacterial Honey Barrier cleared the infection. Thank you Medihoney.' R.E., Mt Ommaney Qld.
Medihoney Wound Gel's unique features:
* Powerful antibacterial barrier effective against more than 250 clinical strains of drug resistant Golden Staph (Staphylococcus aureus), drug sensitive Golden Staph (Staphylococcus aureus) Pseudomonas aeruginosa and other infecting bacteria.
* Waxes migrate onto wound bed to form a protective layer.
* Protective wax layer readily washes from wound bed.
Orders within Australia – Regular Post
Orders will be delivered by Australia Post.
$8.95 for orders weighing less than 3kg
$13.00 for orders weighing more than 3kg
Delivery is FREE if your order is over $149 and weighing less than 3kg.
Extremely heavy parcels may incur additional postage costs. We will contact you prior to dispatch if this is applicable to your order.
Orders within Australia – Express Post
Express Post is available for orders under 500g at a cost of $11.95 and between 501g – 3kg for $19.95. If your order qualifies for Express Post, this will be offered at checkout.
Orders outside Australia
International orders will be dispatched via Airmail. Please allow up to 14 days for international Airmail delivery.
Shipping costs depend on the order weight and destination country. Once you have added the products you require to your shopping basket, select your country from the dropdown list and the shipping cost will be displayed.
We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you with organising a return authorisation. All returned merchandise must arrive back to us in their original, unopened and unused condition.
We accept credit cards and PayPal:
* American Express
For your peace of mind, credit card information does not pass through or stored on our servers. Once you pay for your order, your credit card details are encrypted and processed through the our PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway.