- Children grow rapidly and so do their bones. Building strong bones in childhood sets the foundation for lifelong skeletal health.
- The vast majority of adult bone mass is attained before the age of 14,1 and peak bone mass is reached between 25-30 years of age.
- Children may require additional calcium to meet maximum bone growth.
- Vitamin D is essential for optimal bone mineralisation in children, especially during times when sunlight exposure is limited.
- Developing strong, healthy bones during childhood helps influence bone mass.2
- Vitamin D helps calcium absorption and a diet deficient in calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life.
Ostelin® Vitamin D & Calcium Kids Chewable may especially benefit children who:
- Are aged 2-13 years.
- Who have insufficient dietary intake of calcium due to dietary limitations such as allergies or fussy eating.
- Have limited sunlight exposure or who cover up when in the sun.
- Are going through a growth spurt.
- Have a naturally darker skin tone or a skin related condition and hence avoid sunlight.
- Who wear full length clothing for cultural or religious reasons.
Benefits of Vitamin D & Calcium:
- Vitamin D and Calcium help in the development and maintenance of strong healthy bones, teeth and muscles.
- Vitamin D and Calcium are important for attaining peak bone mass thereby improving bone strength.
- A healthy immune system also requires vitamin D.
- Vitamin D enhances Calcium absorption and is essential for the efficient utilisation of calcium by the body.
Why recommend Ostelin® Vitamin D & Calcium Kids Chewable:
- Australia’s #1 vitamin D and bone health brand^
- Contains more Vitamin D & Calcium in combination than any other children’s vitamin supplement on the market^
- Contains the recommended daily intake of calcium for children
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Delicious berry flavour that tingles when you chew
- Made in Australia
- Halal accredited
Ingredients per tablet
Vitamin D3 300IU (cholecalciferol 7.5mcg)
Calcium 350mg (calcium carbonate 875mg)
Children 2 to 8 years: Chew 2 tablets daily
Children over 8 to 13 years: Chew 3 tablets daily or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Not to be swallowed whole.
Not recommended for children under 2 years.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
1. Jones G. Early life nutrition and bone development in children. Menzies research institute, university of Tasmania. 2011;68: 227-236
2. American academy of orthopaedic surgeons. Healthy bones at every age. 2012
^Aztec national scan sales, MAT 18/5/14
Orders within Australia – Regular Post
Orders will be delivered by Australia Post.
$8.95 for orders weighing less than 3kg
$13.00 for orders weighing more than 3kg
Delivery is FREE if your order is over $149 and weighing less than 3kg.
Extremely heavy parcels may incur additional postage costs. We will contact you prior to dispatch if this is applicable to your order.
Orders within Australia – Express Post
Express Post is available for orders under 500g at a cost of $11.95 and between 501g – 3kg for $19.95. If your order qualifies for Express Post, this will be offered at checkout.
Orders outside Australia
International orders will be dispatched via Airmail. Please allow up to 14 days for international Airmail delivery.
Shipping costs depend on the order weight and destination country. Once you have added the products you require to your shopping basket, select your country from the dropdown list and the shipping cost will be displayed.
We hope that you will be delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied then please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your parcel, and our customer service team will be pleased to assist you with organising a return authorisation. All returned merchandise must arrive back to us in their original, unopened and unused condition.
We accept credit cards and PayPal:
* American Express
For your peace of mind, credit card information does not pass through or stored on our servers. Once you pay for your order, your credit card details are encrypted and processed through the our PCI-Compliant Payment Gateway.