We all want to look our best and many of us try to delay the signs of ageing with a skin care routine, but creams and facial treatments are only part of the solution. In order to keep your skin looking its best, it is important to remember that its a living organ, with specific nutritional requirements that cannot be met with creams alone.
Features and benefits
Blackmores Radiance is a skin supplement for day and night use, containing a combination of clinically proven ingredients to provide 24 hour internal anti-ageing nourishment for the deeper layers of your skin to help keep it healthy, naturally youthful and glowing.
When taken in combination, Blackmores Radiance day/night capsules:
* are clinically proven to reduce fine lines & wrinkles, and tighten pores
* visibly reduce uneven pigmentation and skin tone after 12 weeks
* help decrease premature ageing effects of sun damage
* increase skin moisture and hydration
* help maintain integrity and structure of the skin
* assist with collagen production, skin regeneration and renewal
How it works
Ageing of the skin is the result of a combination of genetic and environmental factors and is accelerated by free radical damage from exposure to UV radiation, environmental air pollution, smoking and extreme temperatures. Poor nutrition and lifestyle also play a role in skin ageing.
UV radiation results in a significant depletion of the skin's antioxidant substances such as betacarotene, lycopene, lutein and vitamins A, C and E. It is thought that supplemental antioxidants may help reduce skin damage resulting from free radical damage.
Various components are involved in maintaining strength, elasticity and integrity of the skin:
Collagen & elastin fibres provide strength and flexibility. As we age, elastin fibres fragment and much of the skins elastic quality is lost. This, along with the loss of fat from under the skin, results in wrinkles. Age-related loss of collagen results in reduced skin tone.
Glycosaminoglycans & proteoglycans are substances that are present in the matrix of the skin where they facilitate hydration. Age related changes in these substances result in fine lines and wrinkles.
To repair damaged cells and tissues, the body needs proteins, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to synthesise skin components.
* Repairs and regenerates the skin with zinc, selenium & betacarotene
* Nourishes the deeper layers of the skin with vitamin C, vitamin E & zinc.
* Maintains the structural integrity of the skin with vitamin C & zinc
* Decreases free radical effects of pollution and sun with lutein & lycopene
* Hydrates and increases moisture in the skin with lutein
* Supports elastin and collagen production with vitamin C
* Decreases uneven pigmentation with vitamin C & vitamin E
Adults - Take 1 day capsule in the morning and 1 night capsule in the evening with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children - Not suitable for children under 15 years.
Selenium is toxic in high doses. Selenium in dietary supplements should not exceed a daily dose of 100 ug.
Not recommended for use during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
Contains marine protein. Use caution with seafood allergy.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Zinc may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics separate doses by at least two hours.
For more great products from Blackmores click here